- She weighs 17 pounds, 11 oz (up from 15, 10 at 6 months) and is in the 21st percentile (down from 40th percentile) for her weight. She grew a whopping half an inch since her 6 month appointment -she is 25 1/2 inches ("up" from 25) and is in the 3rd (yes, 3rd. 1, 2, 3, 3rd.) percentile (way down from the 30th percentile 3 months ago). Dr. S isn't "too concerned yet" about her (lack of?) growth. Maybe she's just a little peanut.
- She is allll over the place. She can't sit still - there is just way too much to do.
- She is waving and giving kisses. And clapping. Which is really just waving with both hands, and its the cutest thing in the entire world.
- She loves to imitate (mock?) us. She and Nate play a super cute game where Nate says "heh" and she'll smile and do it back to him. It can go on for hours (minutes).
- She loves to blow raspberries. She puts herself to sleep in the car by blowing raspberries. Another super cute game.
- Her closet is out. of. control. Seriously. I can't help myself.
- She has 3 teeth that are all the way out and her 4th tooth has just busted through. Those suckers are sharp!
- She is spending more time in her crib. Last night, she was there all night and SLEPT UNTIL 9 AM!!! Hopefully it wasn't just a fluke.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
How does this keep happening? I feel like all I ever do is tell you guys about how quickly Paisley is growing! (maybe I should try blogging about stuff in between her birthday posts? you know, more than once a month?)
The top picture is Paisley and me when I was 9 months pregnant (38 weeks, to be exact. 2 days before I had her) and the bottom picture was taken 2 days before she hit 9 months. As easy as my pregnancy was, I am in absolutely NO hurry to be back there again. I know I was one of the lucky "small" ones, but looking at those pictures, I feel like I was a big fat giant hot mess.
Annnnd, on to the updates.
I don't know what else to say. She's cute. She's perfect. She's fun and silly and absolutely exhausting.
Since I didn't have any pictures at my 8 month update (gasp!) I've doubled up this time. Sorry.
Just a quick Mother's Day shoutout to the best mom in the whole entire world. Thank you for all you do, have done, and will do for us. Thank you for reading to me, singing to me, listening to me, taking care of me, supporting me and loving Nathan. Thank you for being close when I needed you and staying away when I thought I didn't, and coming back again when I realized that I did need you. Thank you for loving and taking care of Paisley. Thank you for (usually) loving Lucy. I'm sorry she bit your finger on Easter. She didn't mean it. I wouldn't be me without you, and I owe you so much. Thank you for showing me how to be a mom. Thank you for being my rock and know that I am forever grateful that I have you.