Okay, Paisley is 1 plus 1 month. So sue me.
12 month Paisley facts:
- She weighed in at 18 pounds, 4 ounces, which puts her in the 5th percentile for her weight. She is up from 17 pounds, 11 ounces at 9 months.
- She is 29.5 inches, which puts her in the 50th percentile. Up from 25.5 inches at 9 months! Way to go P!
- She is done with bottles and done breastfeeding - I made it one year! WooHoooo!
- She is eating anything and everything we give her... some favorites include PB&Js, grilled cheese, any pasta, peas, green beans, shredded chicken, mashed potatoes, any fruit.... just the usual baby stuff. I am yet to give her something she doesn't like. (Must have gotten that from Nate.)
- She is sleeping through the night and is down to one 2 hour nap each day.
- She is still just rocking her 4 teeth - 2 on bottom and 2 on top, complete with a gap.
- She is
- Her favorite show is still Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I am trying to get her into a more girly show, which brings me to my next Paisley fact:
- She is somewhat of a tomboy. (and yes, just for the record, that did hurt to type.)
- She doesn't like headbands (and can't wear bows - damn hair.)
- Her only friends are boys, who have taught her to be very tough. Seriously, the girl hardly cries.
- Like I said, she isn't really into any kind of girly shows/movies. The only thing she will sit down and pay attention to is Mickey Mouse (and Jimmy Fallon, but who can blame her?). I know you probably think I'm crazy - but it really is kind of a boyish show.
- She recently learned "touchdown!" - I'll add a picture of that - its pretty cute.
- The only orange I could find on short notice was a cute little jersey. They had a little cheerleader uniform, but it was lame and I couldn't do that to her. The jersey is cuter - I'll make her wear a skirt with it. I just bought her a black tutu - that'll be perfect!
- I have bought her many stuffed animals and many lovies, hoping she would become attached to one. She does have one white rabbit (whose name is white rabbit - creativity for the win!) who she cuddles with, but only in the car and at naptime/bedtime. She is yet to find anything else that will do... except for one thing. She has recently become attached to a leash. Go ahead and read that again. Yes, I said a leash. As in a walk-your-dog leash, except she doesn't walk Lucy. She just carries her leash around all. the. time. I plan on posting about this soon - once I get more pictures. I can't lie, it is pretty cute.
- She loves to talk - her favorite thing (?) to say is "tik-a-tik-a-tik-a-tik-a-tik." I realize that if you haven't heard her, you have no idea what sound I am trying to spell out for you. If you have heard it and can think of a better way to write it, please let me know. I need this for her baby book. Sometimes it sounds like "duck-a-duck-a-duck-a-duck" and sometimes like "chick-a-chick-a-chick-a-chick."
- She is slowly winning Lucy over, cheerio by cheerio.
- She is still a very happy and easy baby. She wears me out, but I love (almost?) every minute of it.
|Oh, did someone say yay!? I should clap.|
|New shoes? Yay! I should clap some more!|
|No time to smile for the camera - I found tissue paper!|
From her party...
|Frosting credit to my wonderful husband! He got his mom's cake decorating skills, yay!|
|Her smash cake|
|She ate her cake little bite by little bite. No smashing involved.|
This is how I imagine this conversation going:
|Hey Paiswey, it's me, Schafer. S-C-H-A-F-E-R. You aren't really doin that right.|
|You're sposed to get real messy, so just stick your face in it.|
|Whoa, Schafer! You're real good at that!|
|Look mom! I showed Paiswey how to eat her cake!|
|Wait, what is this?! A bow? When did you put this bow on me? You tired to distract me with the cake? Well played.|
|Hello cake. I'm Anderson. No one else is in the room, they're all watching Paisley open presents. Good thing I'm sneaky. Good thing those grown-ups are fools!|