Friday, April 8, 2011

8 months?

  Yes. 8 months. My little Paisley is 8 months old! I'm not going to do the whole "I can't believe it!" and "When did that happen?" and "Time sure does fly!" because I don't know where the time has gone, but I'm sure its somewhere with all that sleep I've lost.
  So, what has Paisley been up to lately? She...

  • is a crawling machine. 
  • is eating more solid foods. I've been trying to get her to eat solids for a couple of months now, but only managed to get maybe 2 tablespoons in her mouth at each meal. Now she willingly opens up and accepts the gooey goodness.
  • does NOT like green beans. I can't say that I blame her, because they really are gross when they're pureed. I think we'll just get some green beans and steam them and let her go to town on them (in their natural, solid form). 
  • has started spending about half the night in her crib in her room. It was tough for me, mainly because of all my irrational fears (what if a cat jumps in to her crib and wants to snuggle with her but ends up smothering her?? what if someone breaks in and steals her??).
  • loves to stand. She can (and will) pull herself up on anything that is semi-stable. 
  • has two bottom teeth and the top two teeth are thisclose to popping out. We (I) had a couple of rough weeks with a cranky, tired, not sleeping, crying, clingy, pitiful baby. She has been much better this last week-ish though. 
  • loves being outside. We have gone to the zoo a couple of times and she really enjoys strolling around - especially when she can watch everyone's favorite 3 year old, Schafer, bounce around like a little atom.
  • is always babbling, with new favorites including hi, hiya, and dadadadada (which is awesome, since I am the one who is with her all day, everyday. It's okay, really. I'm over it. Whatever.) 
  • is a very happy, cuddly, smiley, babbly, funny, sweet, cute, well dressed baby girl. 
**I've been trying to upload some super cute Paisley pictures, but something keeps going on... not sure why blogger is in a funk - surely it's not me, right? Pictures to come soon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment