Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New York Charm

  When we started planning our trip to Vegas, I immediately had visions of all of the pretty, new outfits that would be required for all of the Vegas-y things we are going to do. One of these outfits consists of a little black dress (an LBD for all you fashionistas) and a fabulous pair of shoes. These shoes are going to make the outfit. They're going to BE the outfit. They are a pair of heels, with peep toes. They have a pretty high heel. They are a glittery silver, maybe covered in tiny crystals/rhinestones (or diamonds!)? Totally Vegas. If you can't imagine them, you should step into my head. They're fabulous, really.
  I've had these in my head for a while now. I have recently decided to get serious about my FSS (fabulous shoe search). I am happy to report that, as of this morning, I have found the shoes. I found them! While looking around on zappos.com, they popped up, very subtly and quietly, as if to say "psst... over here. check us out. your search is over. you found us - go alert your blog readers!"
 And here they are.

  I want need HAVE TO HAVE these shoes. I deserve them. They would be perfect on my feet. My signature pink nail polish would peek out ever so slightly to show off my vacation manicure. The other girls on the trip would spend the evening obsessing over my shoes, wishing they were on their feet (indulge me here, Autumn and April). I would walk so much more gracefully with these on my feet.
  So, I found them. You might be wondering what my problem is now. Actually, unless you're Carrie Bradshaw, you know what the problem is. That is one hefty price tag. Now I just have to get creative in finding a way around that.
  We all know how perfect my husband is (brownie points?), but even he might have a problem saying yes. He would probably make some Chandler Bing comment about being able to pay for them by working on the streets while in Vegas. So my "just because" excuse is out. My birthday is in October, Christmas is too far away. Valentine's Day is gone (and he did pretty well with that one... my new car is nice) and I don't think he will agree that Easter is a "Flashy-Vegas-high heel" kind of holiday. That leaves me with our anniversary. It is in May. May 21 to be exact. 5 years. 5 whole years of wedded bliss (and not one fight!). I would ask for them then, but he has already informed me that the traditional anniversary gift for year number 5 is wood. (Woodn't these be perfect? No?)
  So for now, it looks like I am up a creek. Without a paddle. Or cute shoes. If anyone wants to donate to the FSF (fabulous shoe fund), I accept cash and paypal payments. If you would prefer to just buy them for me, I think a 7 1/2 should be just fine.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to donate to your FSF if you'd be willing to donate to my Vegas-suit fund....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay--you have me dying over here!! (laughing) I, of course, checked out the hefty price!! I love how you went about this post! Maybe...just maybe Nate "wood" change his mind and make your day, scratch that-week, or maybe even scratch that...your month-by getting you your dream Vegas-style heels!! BTW, you should tell him that now, that is the only shoe I can imagine you wearing with your LBD!! Haha...you are too funny!! Hope you get them...you deserve them!! :)

    ReplyDelete