Monday, November 22, 2010

Dinner with the Boyles

My good friend Staci (read about her life as a domestic goddess here) blogs about good recipes and shows off her wifery (yes, thats right, wifery) skills.
Well, you know the old saying "she can't even cook a grilled cheese sandwich!"? Okay, that might not be so popular, but today it rang true in the Boyles house. I know what you're thinking... yes, I did do quite a lot of cooking in college. In fact, I earned a bachelors degree in hotel and restaurant administration. I had a few classes that consisted of just cooking. I worked many events in the kitchen. I studied methods and recipes and techniques ad nauseam. I even earned good grades in these classes! However, my education was no match for my new mommy brain. (side note: as soon as I could, I switched my focus to wine, and I don't mess around there)
This is the first side of the sandwich... My sweet husband said "thats okay, I'll still eat it. I love things that are a little crispy."


So I think, "okay, I'll let the other side cook and I'll start my PB&J." (It was a gourmet night here.)  Here is the other side. I have no words.


Moral of the story? Focus on the thing that requires heat.

Here is my 2nd attempt. While my husby does in fact enjoy things a little burnt, I decided not to make him eat the first one.


Here is my yummy PB&J - you can't mess that up! :)

Those of you who will be enjoying Thanksgiving with me, don't worry! I promise I will do much better.

3 comments:

  1. Anna, oh Anna... You always brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Very, very funny. That second grilled cheese looks positively delicious though...way to turn things around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I don't know that I have good "wifery skills", but I like it! You crack me up, I agree with the above post, the 2nd grilled cheese looks extremely yummy!

    ReplyDelete