Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday (part 1)

It seems like my Facebook news feed has been full of happy, thankful people lately. I have enjoyed reading everyone's, and as much as I'd like to do a daily Facebook "thankful update," I'm just not a daily Facebook-status-updater. So, instead of stealing that idea from all of those people, I stole this Thankful Thursdays idea from Brittany, the star of The Johnson Family Circus (sorry, can't link to it on my iPad) and super mom of 3 under 3. So, thanks Brittany!

I am a very thankful and grateful person, even if some of you only hear me complain about stuff (sorry April, Lindsay and Autumn...).

Today, I am thankful for my wonderful parents. As I write this, I am at Starbucks (look at me, blogging at Starbucks on my iPad. I'm very trendy.), currently hiding out from my 15 month old daughter. Don't get me wrong, I love her more than life itself.... But she has recently started an evening wild streak, where she is literally running in circles and jumping from the ottoman to the chair and chasing the dogs and squealing with glee anytime someone says anything remotely close to "no!" (including, but not limited to, "paisley, stop" "paisley, please sit on your bottom" "don't eat that" "please don't touch the tv" and "don't touch Lucy, she bites!").
So, thanks to my dear parents (who (whom?) she charms time and time again), I have enjoyed a nice hot caramel apple cider at Starbucks. Amazing how much an hour away and one hot drink can totally turn your day around! This one hour has *almost* convinced me that if I moved back to Owasso, I could do this regularly! So could Nate, but I think he was convinced that we needed the help about 14 and a half months ago.
Also, I'm very thankful for Starbucks. I don't feel like I need to go into detail here.
Also, I'm very thankful to have wonderful in-laws. Seriously, I hear some horror stories and I can't imagine having anyone better.
That leads me to the rest of my extended family -all of Nate's siblings and their families. I love that in my family, it's just Nate and me, D and Autumn and my parents. I also love leaving the quiet house to the big family with kids running around, the boys playing ping-pong and basketball and the girls sitting around chatting it up. I seriously have the best of both worlds.
Since I touched on everyone else, I guess I should say that I'm thankful for my wonderful brother. He really is pretty great. He's fun. He's cool. He's got a great house and great cats. He is a great dresser, a good writer and has good taste in drinks. And I love his girlfriend, Autumn, who (whom? I need to learn when to use that. Remind me to ask D) I am very thankful for... Okay seriously, I'll stop. But each time I think of someone, I have to go one person further (from Autumn, I'm thankful for her sister, April, who keeps me sane some days. From her, I'm thankful for Lindsay, who is a great new friend. Speaking of new friends, I better mention old friends, too. I'm very thankful for the Schnorrenbergs(all three of them!).)

So, let's sum it up here. I'm thankful for my parents, Nathan's parents, his siblings and their families, my brother, his girlfriend, Autumn, her sister, April, her friend, Lindsay, and Zach and Staci (and baby Harper!). Oh, and Starbucks.

But most importantly, Starbucks.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, so funny! And I'm glad I was included in your "Thankful Thursday" bit. I am very thankful for your friendship, too :) I think it's time to schedule another girls' night...it's been too long...

    ReplyDelete