Sunday, January 30, 2011

365 photo challenge

  Long time, no see, folks!
  So, only 30 days in and we have already had a very exciting year! Okay, exciting might be an exaggeration? Its all relative, really... Paisley hits the 6 month mark on Wednesday (omg!), so you will hear all about our excitement then!
  One of my new years resolutions was to take more pictures/learn more about photography/use my camera to its full capacity. When I heard about the 365 photo challenge, I thought it was the perfect first step in making my resolution happen. The challenge is simple, really. You take 1 picture a day all year, for a grand total of.... 365 pictures! Now, you can make it something more than that, if thats your thing. I joined a group on facebook that is centered around the challenge. Each week we have a different theme and one week a month we have a "challenge." These challenges are really just ways/ideas to get us to explore our cameras and learn some actual stuff. So far, I have followed the rules and played the game. I have even learned something!!!
  The point of this post wasn't just to tell you about the challenge. I, of course, have pictures to go along with it! (sorry, I tend to get a little wordy)
  At the beginning, I had big plans for my blog and this challenge. I had visions of myself sitting down each Saturday morning (our week ends on Friday) and coming up with a witty post about the past weeks theme/challenge and posting a picture to go with it. Obviously I failed. Big time, considering I am posting about it on the 30th day of the challenge.
  To make up for a whole months worth of bad blogging, I will now entertain you with some of my fine photographing from January!

 Week 1 : New Year
New Year, New Friends
This is a picture I took on New Years Eve New Years morning (1 am-ish?). The feet in the picture belong to Derek and Autumn. I thought, new year, new "friends." I say "friends," because I don't know what they technically are... Are they boyfriend and girlfriend? Do people our age use that term? What is "our age," anyway? If "our age" is my age, then Derek definitely isn't "our age." Okay, back on track. D and Autumn. Whatever they "are," we are very happy about it.

New Quilt, Happy Cat
I got a new quilt for Christmas and Puma has really been enjoying it. 


 Week 2 : Blue
Being Swedish
Nathan and I went down to Dallas with our great friends, the Schnorrenbergs, to go to Ikea. We had a blast and got some really great furniture! They brought home an awesome couch and rug and lamp, and we got a new bed! (and a "couple" of things for the MCC - you're welcome D! we had fun shopping with your money!) Zach's New Years resolution was to be more Swedish. When we went to the Swedish capitol of the world (Ikea) I talked (guilted) him into having Swedish meatballs, because whats more Swedish than that?  

Pie Fail.
I made an awesome pie for Nate's birthday. I ate the last piece of it so I promised him a new pie. It fell. Face down. Now, we're all friends here, so I'm not going to lie to you. I ate some of it. Only the bites that didn't have floor on it. Don't judge me. It was good. You would have done the same thing. 

Blue
This was my theme picture for the week. Sweet, sweet Paisley in her blue bow.

Week 3 : ISO Challenge
Its Not Easy Being Green
This was Paisley's first time to have green beans. Obviously she wasn't a fan.

ISO Challenge
This was my challenge picture for the week. It would make more sense if I put up the same picture with a different ISO setting, but I'm not going to do that. From what I understand, ISO has to do with how sensitive the camera is to the amount of light present. The higher the ISO, the more sensitive it is to light. This was my first challenge and I think I succeeded. I understand it and I can see the difference when I change it. I even used it a couple of days later to take a picture (in low light, with a high ISO) of our fire in the fireplace. It worked. I learned something! 

Week 4 : Best Friend
Jailbird Jammies
Sweet Paisley, just lounging around in her jailbird jammies.

Helping
What do you do with a baby when you have to get laundry done? Stick her in the laundry basket!

My Best Friend
This was my theme picture for the week. Paisley has many friends (hi andy and schafer! hi august babies!), but here she is with, who I assume is, her best friend. She runs into the Girl in the Mirror quite often, usually a couple of times a day at least. She can always count on getting a good smile from her. They always give high fives and kisses. The Girl in the Mirror is always ready and willing to listen to (and laugh at, and respond to) Paisley's many stories. She can be found all around the house: the dining room, our room, the bathrooms... We love the Girl in the Mirror. Its nice to find that friend who will always be there for you.

If you've enjoyed these pictures and want to see more, feel free to pop on over to my 365 photo blog and check out the rest of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment