Sunday, January 2, 2011

Love at 5 months

  Sweet P is 5 months old today! I'm sure some of you are reading this after the 2nd, so let me rephrase that: Sweat P was 5 months old on January 2nd!
  Boy, oh, boy has she changed in the last 5 months! First of all, lets all rejoice in the fact that Nathan and I have kept a new little person alive and healthy for 5 months. It hasn't been too hard (the gin and tonics work like magic! just kidding. sort of). It has been a ton of fun (usually) and we have loved every minute of it (every single spitting up, 3 am screaming, cat tail pulling, mommy hair pulling, dirty diapered minute of it)! She is moving right along and doing all the things a 5 month old should do (except, I've heard of some 5 month olds who are pushing up on their knees, and some have teeth, and some are sitting up all alone... not that any of this matters to me). Here is a quick rundown of her latest accomplishments:

  • As we learned in my last post, she is rolling over and sitting up alone. She has kind of taken a small break on the rolling over, maybe its because we don't put her down enough? 
  • Sometimes she sleeps on her side. I don't think I would call this a milestone, but I think it is definitely blog-worthy.
  • She has found my hair, and she loves to pull it. Also, she loves to put it in her mouth. Interestingly enough, she didn't do this until her Grandma Ellen brought it up over Christmas. It was kind of like she gave her an idea. Thanks Grandma Ellen! 
  • She found her feet today. I've been waiting for this for a while, and today was the day! Feet are exciting.
  • She has eaten sweet potatoes and carrots. She got a baby food maker for Christmas and we have been using it. She's only had "solids" (I use quotes because, who are we kidding? That mush isn't solid.) a couple of times, but I think she is starting to get on board. She was okay with sweet potatoes the first time but not so sure the 2nd time. She did great the first time - she even got the hang of opening her mouth for the spoon. She had carrots for lunch today and she really enjoyed them. They will be making a second appearance for sure. 
  • Until about a week or 2 ago, she went to sleep around 6:30 and slept really great until about 3 or 4 am - she would go back to sleep after her 3/4 am awakening, but not into a deep, good sleep. Now she is staying up till about 7:30 or 8, even though she is super tired.You are probably thinking that since she is staying up later, she is sleeping in later! Guess what folks. You're wrong. 
    •  I'll never understand why babies won't just go to sleep when they're tired. My mom said I was the queen of fighting sleep, so I guess its true.  You know what they say about payback... (this is a family friendly blog, I'm not going to say it!)
  • Her hair is growing! I am very excited about this. When she was born, she had lots (not LOTS lots, but some - she wasn't bald) but a lot fell out. It is coming in, and I can't tell if its dark or if its blonde. Is she Anna, or is she Nate? Only time will tell.... (I know, its stupid that I can't tell what color her hair is. Sometimes, when the light hits it, its blonde. But, in normal light, its brown.)
  • When I asked Nathan what I should mention in the 5 month blog, he told me that her screaming has really become an issue. Yes. The girl loves to scream. And talk. My mom said that I talked a lot as a baby, but maybe not as much as P. (again with the payback)
  • We think she is in the beginning stages of teething. I don't think any will be popping up any time soon, but I think things are definitely moving around in there. She is drooling like crazy. Crazy crazy amounts of drool are pouring out of this girl's mouth. Good thing she has lots of clothes! (I knew I'd be able to justify that somehow....) She won't take her hands out of her mouth. Every single thing she grabs goes straight to the mouth. She loves to chew on things. Her cheeks are always red (I'm not sure why that signifies teething, but when asked, my mom said "oh! she must be teething!")
  • Her eyebrows are filling in. This is important to me because she has my eyebrows and I'm very  upset about this. I have awful eyebrows (thanks mom.). I, however, can pluck/wax mine. Nathan has told me that I cannot touch her for at least a couple of years. How early can you start eyebrow maintenance? 
I think that is enough words for this post... how bout some pictures?
Enjoying her carrots


Hey! Dad has hair too!





3 comments:

  1. Baby p is Presh... Too bad you can't share your gin and tonic with P when Ashe is fussy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anna! I just love your family! I can't wait to see you guys again and look forward to actually holding little Paisley the next time I see her. (That little one can sleep in public!)

    ReplyDelete