Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!!

*Before you start reading, I want you to know that you will really need to commit to this post. It's not your usual easy-to-read post. Nope, this one is full of pictures (shocking, I know.) So, sit back and enjoy the fun we had.

Okay, so I know that 2011 started a while ago. I know that I'm late with this, but give me a break people. Be grateful that you're getting something. I feel the need to tell everyone about how I spent New Years Eve. And show you pictures, of course.
If NYE is any indication of how 2011 will play out, this is gonna be one fun year. We were lucky enough to be invited to the Murray's Annual NYE Bash; we attended last year, but since I (and April and Sara) was pregnant, it was only a little fun. Okay it was a lot of fun, but not as much fun as this year (thank you D, for the great cosmos!). The only thing that was missing this year was Marty. Ohh, Marty.


Travis CUT THE TOP OFF OF OUR CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE!!! Yes, he is THAT talented.  Its the kind of thing you always see in movies and think "Who actually does that?" Well, folks, Travis does. And it was awesome. 



Our fabulous hosts, the Murrays. Are they a magazine couple or what? Man, they're cute. 

Okay, so. Here's the game we played. This might be the funnest game ever. Seriously. Okay, here's how it goes. Everyone has a stack of paper, as many pieces as there are players. We'll start in the upper left hand corner. Everyone writes something on the top sheet. Anything. I wrote "Nativity Scene," you can seriously write anything. I think D wrote "hot dog skiing down a mountain." After you write your whatever, you pass your stack to the next person. They have to draw what you wrote down. D did a great job, see the 2nd picture? After about 2 minutes of drawing, you pass the stack again and the next person sees your drawing and has to guess what you drew. Autumn did great, she guessed "Baby Jesus & his birth." You repeat these steps until you're out of paper in the stack (and when the stack is back to its original owner). The next 2 people in this game did great - good drawing, good guessing. Lets look to the top right picture. This is April's drawing, and this is where it took a turn for the worst. She drew what she thought was baby Jesus in his manger, but Travis thought she was drawing gymnastics. So, as you can see, the worse you are at drawing, the funner the game. When the game is over, it is fun for each person to present their original drawing all the way through to the final. It can get pretty hilarious. Really guys, try it. 


April made these. Are they awesome or what? I still can't get over them. Great job April!

D brought these cute little cans of champagne for us to enjoy. I know what you're thinking. "cans of champagne?"  Yes, thats right. Cans. And guess what? They weren't good. In Derek's defense, they were Francis Ford Coppola's Sofia Blanc de Blanc (meaning, champagne made from (white) chardonnay grapes), so they had a great shot at actually being good. I'd give it another chance. They even came with straws, so you know how much I want to love it. 

This is one of my favorite pictures of the night. I don't think I need to explain why.



We tried hard to get a good picture of us 5. Seriously, we took 45 pictures and this was the best one. Its good of everyone, except the Amazon freak in the middle. Also, you would think that 5 girls could get it together enough to take 1 good picture, right? 

I don't remember what April was lecturing Nate on, but she really pulled out her serious face for this conversation.


My favorite picture of the night. Love those tights Autumn!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! Sorry we missed out this year...maybe we can all catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete