Monday, January 3, 2011

Holidays are FUN!!

Who is ready for some holiday pictures?! 


Paisley and me before Christmas Eve church. How ridiculous is that hat? And those booties? Just one more reason I am thankful for my job at babyGap. LOVE. IT. 

Speaking of Christmas Eve service... for the past 7 or 8 Christmases, we have gone into Nathan's grandparents little church in Tulsa. This year, we went to church in O-Town with them, Nathan's parents, his aunt and uncle, his brother and my mom. We were pretty bummed that we weren't going in to our usual Christmas Eve church, but we sucked it up and went to the "contemporary" service (not my cup of tea) service. It was nice, and Paisley was a complete angel and only cried for 10 seconds or so. We ended the night with pizza at Nate's grandparents house. Ah ha! One tradition that lives on!


This is Paisley's first Christmas ornament. Is it the sweetest thing you have ever seen? Yeah, I thought so.

Paisley's first family Christmas picture. It't not a great picture of her outfit, but trust me, its cute. 

Nathan's parents bought all of the grandkids Sing-a-ma-jigs for Christmas. These little creatures are odd... Alone, they sing a song, they babble, and they sing notes. Together, they harmonize those notes. They are pretty funny, and Paisley really likes hers. It always makes her laugh. The only thing that is weird to me (the only thing?) is that inside their little mouths (which look like old school thick, soft hair ties) are these weird little teeth. Huh.
Nate's mom, uncle, aunt, sister and brother in law all had a blast playing with them. They put on quite a show!

The remains of our Christmas dinner dessert. Boston Cream Pie. Not very Christmas-y, but I'll take it. It. Was. Awesome. Also, how much do you love my new camera lens? Photo credit goes to D.

My super sweet 7 year old niece Kayla got an easel and some art supplies for Christmas. I really love the back story on this gift: They were somewhere (on vacation? or just a day trip?), at a vineyard (I think?) and were walking around and saw an artist set up painting the scenery. She loved that idea and told her mom thats what she wanted for Christmas, so she could paint like that. (Did I butcher the story?) Anywho, this is the picture she painted on Christmas morning while everyone else was off playing with swords, trucks, sing-a-ma-jigs, ukuleles and mandolins. I just love this sweet girl!

A post about the funnest New Years Eve party ever is coming soon. yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I LOVE all of your pictures with your new lens. I think something is wrong with my camera. Its not focusing and everything seems more yellow than it used to be(even on different settings). What setting are your bokeh pictures on? BTW, you are such a good blogger, I need to get with the program, huh? Can't wait for our upcoming Saturday!

    ReplyDelete